Monday, October 17, 2011

No-Sew Banner!

As you probably know, we will also be having lots of posts on crafty projects & ideas along with clothing (ie. Nikki's post on those cute bags!). So, I thought that I would go ahead and share a fast and easy project I did a couple of days ago! I was put in charge of decorations for my sister-in-law's baby shower and knew immediately that I wanted to make a banner. My initial plan was to cut out letters of my new nephew's name and sew them on the banner. However, I just didn't have the time!So my mother-in-law came up with the idea of using paper letters & tape (she's a genius!). This made the project so quick & easy. You could use this idea for birthdays, baby/bridal showers, anything! The cool part is that because you are using paper letters, you are able to reuse the banner and switch out what it says whenever you want!
So here is how it goes down:

  1. Cut out the banner pieces.
  2. Print the letters & cut them out.
  3. Tape the letters to the pieces of fabric.
  4. Attach the banner pieces to ribbon (or whatever your little heart desires). I attached them to the ribbon by using mini clothes pins so I didn't have to sew or glue a single thing!
  5. Admire your beautiful work of art & craftiness!




I think the best part of this was that I didn't have to spend a dime! I used all scrap fabric and I already had all of the supplies I needed.
{Sorry I don't have more pictures, but it's pretty easy to put together!}
{Also, you can print the elephant banner here!}

2 comments:

Gentri said...

That is my kind of craft! Since I can't sew and all...

Emma Frances said...

Love it Jackie! And you need to share your diaper bag craft sometime! :] Maybe when you're making one for my future babies. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...