Sunday, October 9, 2011

Check Out Ma Outfit!



Welcome to Thrifty {Modest} Threads! I thought I'd get a little outfit post cranked out on here since Nikki was so kind as to introduce our blog to all of blogland! :] I am Emma from Race and Emma and you can check out my personal blog to read about adventures with my husband and other super random things that interest me! You can also check out the About Emma section of this blog to learn a little bit more about me!

It's fall in Flagstaff {where my husband and I are going to school} and so I'm loving the change from warm weather clothes to layers, tights, boots, scarves, ear warmers, etc. I wore this outfit on Saturday and it was perfect for the weather. Some cute tights, moccassins, and ear warmers and then some layers up top. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the adorable white jacket I wore over all of this so you'll just have to trust me that it was adorable. At least until I actually get around to getting a picture of it!




Here's the breakdown:
Headband- Made by me out of an old shirt. {I used a pattern from Pinterest
that I linked up on my blog here}
Shirt- Hand-me-down from Jackie {I'm pretty sure...you can correct me if I'm wrong Jackie!}
Long-sleeved undershirt & Tights- Old Navy {Tights- $0.97}
Skirt & Shoes- Target {Skirt $5ish}
Belt- Wet Seal {package of three for $1.97}

Also, just a little sidenote, I am about 98% sure that everything I'm wearing was either a hand-me-down or was bought on clearance or on super sale. When I do know the prices of things I will post them because I super like to brag about finding good deals. :] And I like people to know that it is possible to have cute style for cheap. {That is assuming that you all think my style is cute...my fingers are crossed!}

Well, dress cute and warm because it's fall! Unless of course you live in Phoenix where it's still pretty hot...in that case dress cute and cool in fall colors! Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

Madison said...

cute cute!
I love admiring fashionable things...
but I always feel like i have to spend a lot of money to look good.
(and my parents have a "you have a job pay for it yourself attitude") not cool. (:
so I love how you are so thrifty!

(and I LOVE hand me downs. thank goodness for sisters!)

Chelsea Finn said...

LOVE your outfit! You are so stylish. Fall is the best for dressing!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...