Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Summer to Fall Outfit

Remember this post by Jackie? Well, as she mentioned, Nikki and I also made these shirts. So it was more like from one shirt to six! {And I hope to make more of these shirts so it will eventually be from one shirt to six and some!} Anyway, I LOVE this shirt and I wear it all the time! We made it just as summer was ending so the first time I wore it I definitely wore it summer style. Now I have found ways to layer and make it warmer and more fall ready. Check out my different seasonal styles for the same shirt!

Nikki and I trying on our shirts for the first time!
{I am not really tan the lighting was just SUPER weird}


Summer Style:




For the summer I wore the shirt with a light yellow and 
white cardigan {Anchor Blue?}, a belt
{Charlotte Russe $2}, jeans {Target $6}, 
and cute flats {Red-Kohl's $10, Moccassins- Payless? $5?}. 
I added a cute flower from The Apple Avenue to my cardigan. 
The light colors helped to bring out the light in the shirt 
keeping everything very summer-friendly.


Fall/Winter Style: 










For the fall/winter look I changed things up just a little. 
I wore a dark cardigan {Target $5} to bring out the 
darker colors in the shirt, I wore a jacket and scarf {not pictured}, I wore a hat made 
by Nikki to keep things warm, I wore tights 
{Old Navy- $2} and flats {Target-$6ish} with the skirt {Old Navy- $5} and boots {Land's End- $40?} with the jeans {Kohl's- $15}.

Which look do you like the best? I personally love the fall/winter look just because layers are lots of fun. And so are adorable hats made by my sister-in-law! But tell me what you like!

Also, you should check out another fall outfit post on my blog!
And you should check out our new Facebook page and get to liking it! 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3173960/thrifty-modest-threads?claim=acg5qgb3aem">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

9 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

love the belted cardi. super cute. so so glad I came across your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

ConnieB said...

First of all... you find GREAT deals! Man, I need a lesson from you. I just drafted a post JUST like this and then decided not to post. I wish I did- this was fun to read (:

Jessi LaRue (Jessi Haish) said...

i love all of those outfits! those red tights are awesome!

Amazingly Beautiful by Isa Malago said...

love the thightsss..

follow me :)
www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

xox

Monica and Whitney said...

This beanie is so fabulous!

Ask the Duplex

Chelsea Finn said...

I'm kind of obsessed with this outfit. I love all of the pretty colors. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Sara C. said...

I really like the way these picts are edited!
Have a great day
Sara C.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

that hat is so cute. i want one!

Sharde said...

ooh i love summer AND winter style! :)

sharde @ the style projects

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...