Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just Add Lace! (The Jackie Edition)

I am so glad I am finally able to do another post! I have been without a way to load pictures to my computer for a while now & we finally fixed the problem! Woo hoo!
ANYWAYS, I took some of Nikki's advice from this post & decided to do a shirt makeover. I purchased this shirt from Target for $4.98 (couldn't resist the amazing deal), but wasn't too thrilled about the front of it. It had some strips of fabric sewn to the front & I didn't really like the raw edges. So, I found some half-off trim from Hobby Lobby & went to work!


{The shirt & the not-so-lovable front.}
Nothing too special about it at first. Just a regular polka dot shirt.


So to make it a little cuter, I did this!!!


{Please ignore the awkward chest pictures. I was without a tripod or husband at the moment, so I had to take the pictures myself. I'll post some better pictures later.}

I was very pleased with the results! Lace & trim can make a huge difference. This is definitely a trick that I will be using a lot!

18 comments:

memory said...

I LOVE THIS!! what a cute idea and a great deal on the shirt! i love it paired with the belt and sweater... cute, cute! <3

sherri said...

What a cute addition! I LOVE lace! Thanks for sharing!

sherri from SHERRI AMOUR

Emma Frances said...

I absolutely LOVE this Jackie! I need to do this to a TON of shirts now! Haha.

Harley said...

I love this! What a great simple tutorial. You crafty lady you.

xoxo
Harley

wieczorama said...

Wow. These pictures are amazing! And the outfit is just absolutely perfect!

Christina'Marie said...

You did an incredible job girl... im totally envious of your sewing skills:)

Monica and Whitney said...

OH! I love it.

Ask the Duplex

Anonymous said...

so simple, yet soo amazing! it even looks like another dress!

Chelsea Finn said...

The lace completely transformed it! I love it. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Summer-Raye said...

What a clever idea. Changed the entire look.

Id love for you to follow my blog, let me know and Ill be sure to follow you back!


Cant wait,
Summer-Raye

Sara C. said...

I think you did such a nice job, it looks way much prettier!
Have a lovely week end
Sara C.

Two Happy Hearts said...

so, so cuuuute!

Sara said...

The shirt look amazing after you applied the lace, I have to admit that adding some little details like this lace makes everything look better; it’s a great way to redo some of the article in one’s wardrobe. Your blog is awesome by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!
Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Antoinette Musik said...

What an amazing transformation! You totally inspire me. Following ya!
x

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love what you did - it looks like a completely different shirt!

ConnieB said...

WOw! I need to do this to so many things now. Love the idea!

Sarah said...

I love these ideas! How fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

Jayna Rae said...

It is so simple and lovely. Great work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...